Sensitive data is a special category of personal data.
It is information that reveals :
- alleged racial or ethnic origin,
- political opinions
- religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership,
- as well as the processing of genetic data,
- biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person,
- data concerning health,
- data concerning the sexual life or
- sexual orientation of a natural person.
The GDPR prohibits the collection or use of such data, except in certain cases which are precisely listed.